Man, it's been a while hasn't it? I haven't gone anywhere or been busy or anything, I log into this site every day, stare at the blank "new post" page for a few minutes, sigh, and then click over to snopes.com instead of doing anything constructive. Yes, I have been suffering from writer's block. It's hard to imagine that I have run out of things to rant about, but here we are.
Here's a little writing exercise I remember from my Snow College days. My teacher was an overenthusiastic old dude with claw like hands and a weird penchant for ignoring all punctuation rules because he thought that meant you were creative (I don't remember his name but my roommate Alicia used to do a really creepy impression of him). But, the one useful thing I remember: When you hit a writing wall, change your format. So today's post will be written in list form, as an ode to my friend Tiffany, the queen of lists.
Things that are really bugging me right now:
1. I planted bulbs yesterday but I couldn't remember which end was suppose to point up so only half of them are going to grow.
2. I can't really grow anything so probably none of them are going to grow.
3. I have an obnoxious zit on my nose.
4. Mia wants to wear her snow man pajamas to school today.
5. I have to go to Charlie's work party which is being held at my favorite restaurant, but I will have to deal with "teacher talk" while I am eating.
7. Mia hasn't eaten anything that could be construed as real food in six days.
8. Charlie is in the middle of "State Cup", the final soccer tournament of the year so I have only seen him in passing for the last two and a half weeks.
9. Yo Gabba Gabba. Honestly, it's like they go out of their way to be distubing on that show.
10. I love my clinique free gift with purchase I got last week, but I'm not so crazy about my actual purchase.
Alright, that is it as far as complaints for this morning. Thank you for bearing with me during this little exercise. I hope to be back to my witty self soon.